Congratulations to all five participants who graduated from the Certificate I in Work Education this June. Bradley, Artishna, Brienna, Ariane and Zane, were presented with their Certificates by training provider Catalyst Training in celebration of their achievements.
Certificate I training involves participants undertaking a course one day per week developing the skills and confidence needed to pursue a pathway to employment.
The Catalyst team deliver ten units over two years, covering the following;
- Develop Personal Management Skills for Work
- Participate in Vocational Activities
- Contribute to Health and Safety of Self and Others
- Develop Interpersonal Communication Skills for the Workplace
- Develop an Individual Vocational Plan with Support
- Participate in Practical Placement with Support
- Prepare for Employment
The participants were proud to be presented with their certificates in front of their families, teaching staff and Therese Desmond (CEO, OCC) and Maiten Maldonado (Manager Independence, OCC). Bradley gave a speech, thanking the teachers and fellow students.
All of the graduates now have the opportunity to begin the Certificate II in Work Education or pursue work experience and a variety of employment opportunities.