A School Leavers Employment Supports (SLES) pathway
Our Towards Employment pathway is a part time two year pathway to developing a clear career direction for participants, including applied learning, job placement and online study options.
Please Note: Towards Employment pathway – mid year intake enrol now – July start available
Who is it for?
Towards Employment is specially designed for Year 12 school leavers who would like to plan for and find a job.
It can also be tailored for non-school leavers with a disability who have employment-related goals and NDIS funding under Finding and Keeping a Job.
What funding do you need to participate?
Participation in the Towards Employment pathway can be funded in your NDIS plan, under School Leavers Employment Supports (SLES), if:
* You are a Year 12 school leaver with a disability and have identified employment related goals in your NDIS plan.
* NDIS participants who have employment related goals in their plan, and who are not school leavers, can use the Finding and Keeping a Job funding in their plan to access our Towards Employment suite of activities.
How does it work?
OC Connections Enterprises (OCCE) will work with you to develop an Individual Employment Plan based around your employment goals, learning and support requirements.
This plan will outline the modules from our Towards Employment pathway to best suit your goals.
Your goals will be regularly monitored and reviewed to ensure you are reaching your specific milestones, and your plan will be adjusted where necessary.
Towards Employment offers two stages of training over two years:
* Skill development; and
* Job placement skills
Skill Development will include, but not be limited to:
- Sessions are delivered in structured modules and participants can learn at their own pace, amongst their peers.
- Online sessions are available for classroom sessions and to revise.
- The Job Ready Skills stage will include longer work placements in a working environment and prepare you to transition to open employment.
Above: Online Class in action – May 2020
Specialised activities to suit your goals
While many of our modules are delivered in a group-style structured format over the year, individual, specialised sessions can be organised where identified in your Individual Employment Plan.
Our job sampling opportunities will allow you to try a variety of job options while developing work skills and experience.
1. Job sampling in your first year
2. 3 – 12 month work placement in the job ready skills stage
We will work with you to discuss your interests, goals and needs and endeavour to find a work placement that meets these requirements.
At the Mackie Road, Neighbourhood House, Mulgrave.
It is easily accessible by public transport and has facilities such as kitchen, accessibility all in a calm and welcoming surrounds.
Modules such as work placement, workplace tours and travel training will be delivered off-site along with any additional support options.
How to apply for Towards Employment
- Complete an Expression of Interest form below
- Participant and parent attend an interview with the Towards Employment Staff Member.
- If successful the participant and parent will meet with OC Connections Enterprises to create a Service Agreement. A Service Agreement will need to be signed and returned to OC Connections Enterprises prior to commencement of Towards Employment in July 2020.
For further information and enrolment details contact:
Athena Kontonis- Manager Towards Employment
(03) 9575 4200 or Mobile: 0408 034 461
Hannah Isles – Towards Employment Facilitator
(03) 9575 4200 or Mobile: 0421 193 805
Towards Employment 2020 – mid year intake –
July start available