Financial assistance for people impacted by the pandemic
18 January 2022
Did you know there is still financial assistance and grants available from the Government if you are impacted by COVID?
The Victorian Government is ensuring all Victorians can continue to access the critical help they need to stay safe and well with an additional $27 million for more food and financial relief for our most vulnerable, a boost to family violence services, and more support for our culturally diverse communities.
Financial assistance is available if you:
- are unable to work due to restrictions, or if your hours or income have been reduced
- have been directed to quarantine
- are isolating waiting on the results of a PCR COVID-19 test (ie. there is a $450 payment available)
- have recorded a positive rapid antigen test or pcr test and are required to isolate
- have lost your job or income due to COVID
There are also relief packages and grants available, including:
- COVID-19 Rent Relief Grants
- Food relief
- No Interest Loans Scheme
- Help with electricity, gas and water
If you have been financially impacted by COVID, we recommend you explore these options to find the best way you can be supported financially during this time.