Privacy and Confidentiality
• We need to collect relevant personal information to be able to provide a service that meets individual needs and the situation.
• We will only collect information that is necessary for providing this service.
• We will only use personal and health information for the purpose of providing an effective and safe service at OC Connections.
• We will only disclose personal information with consent or when the law requires. We may need to disclose personal information to the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) but nothing that identifies the person will be disclosed without permission.
People who attend OC Connections are already a client of DHHS. We will take all reasonable steps to make sure that the information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date.
Protecting and storing Personal Information
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse/loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
• The only staff with access to personal information will be those who need it to do their jobs. We will store all files, paper and electronic based information in a locked cabinet or area.
• We will destroy personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose in the legally required manner.
• Request may be made to the Manager for access to the personal information we have on file or stored elsewhere at any time. We will provide access to the information in a manner that is suitable to the request within 14 days. This may include either access to a file, a copy of all relevant documents or a written summary of the in-formation.
Feedback, Compliments and Complaints
We value and encourage feedback, both positive and negative. It helps us to make our services better for everyone. To leave feedback here please use the FEEDBACK FORM on the left.
We also encourage comments about things that are working really well and suggestions as to how something could be improved. If we are doing something well we love to hear about it so that we can give the feedback to staff to encourage them.
All complaints will be handled in a sensitive and confidential manner and we will try to resolve the issue promptly. A complaint can be made verbally in person, on the phone or in writing at any time.
Click the following link for information on the compliments and complaints process and to complete our online compliments and complaints form. Alternatively you can email us here or call (03) 9569 0603