This program enables participants to compile photos of their Connections activities in a Photo Diary.
• Clients start by sorting out a selection of photos of themselves and other group members in the different activities in which they participate.
• Photos are cut out and pasted on coloured paper.
• Each photo is then complemented by an activity icon/symbol.
• Participants arrange and paste photos and icons as they choose.
• Some participants may bring photos from home or provided by their Key Worker in family gatherings/outings
• All photos are then laminated and collated as a diary, which participants can take home at the end of each semester/year.
Outcomes for participants:
• Practice/improve motor skills (cutting/pasting photographs)
• Choice of how they want to organize their diary (colour/content/arrangement of photos).
• Allows them to work as part of a group and also support other participants (who may be unable to cut/paste)
• Reminiscing past and present activities – providing an indication of what activities they are enjoying the most.
• They enhance memory and allow an enjoyable recollection of past events.
• Provides friends, families, volunteers and staff with insight into person’s activities.
Hosted Wednesday Afternoons, weekly.
Duration: Not Specified