Website OC Connections
Disability Support Services
- Be part of an organisation that supports people living with a disability to achieve maximum independence as valued members of the community
- Attractive salary packaging available
- South East Melbourne location.
OC Connections provides a range of specialised and innovative support services that enhance the quality of life for adults with intellectual disability and their families. One of the major services it provides is the accommodation for clients across 13 community-based sites. OC Connections has recently opened new community houses specifically designed for the needs and wants of its clients, and as government reforms are introduced in NDIS, OC Connections will grow from strength to strength.
OC Connections is seeking a passionate and experienced Team Leader to join our organisation on a full time fixed term basis, with the possibility of it being ongoing. The role will be responsible for leading a team of disability support workers that provide support to residents with a disability in a group home environment. You will be required to oversee day to day activities and work on a rostered shift basis that includes daily support, dispensing medications, personal care, transportation, administration and home duties.
If you are passionate about adding value to people’s lives and pride yourself on your professionalism we’d love to hear from you!
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- day to day co-ordination of two services
- staff support and supervision
- family engagement
- implementing person centred plans
- implementation of NDIS plans & tracking outcomes
- participant health management
- modelling high quality & participant-driven support practices
- administration of CRM and other internal and external systems and files.
- be flexible
- good organisation and time management skills
- be responsive to participant, family and staff needs
- be experienced in leading teams
- possess high-level computer and literacy skills
- possess advanced communication skills
- be experienced in person-centred planning
- experienced liaison with participants, families, staff, peers & collaborators
- understanding of person-centred/participant-driven practise
- knowledge of active support, positive behaviour support and behaviour support planning
- ability to facilitate community access and comprehensive understanding of inclusion
- have a well-developed attention to detail
- have Certificate IV in Disability or equivalent.
If you think you have what we are looking for please select Apply for this job to submit your application. Please include a resume and cover letter explaining why you think you are the right person for the job!
Please note, previous applicants need not apply.
In accordance with Privacy Legislation, OC Connections will use the personal information provided by applicants solely for the purpose of making appointments to positions within OC Connections. OC Connections will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information it collects and uses. It will not disclose such information to any outside organisation. OC Connections will destroy the personal information when it is no longer needed for selection purposes except where the applicant accepts a position within OC Connections. By submitting personal information to OC Connections, applicants are deemed to have given their consent to the collection, use and storage of their personal information for the purpose stated above.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.