Website OC Connections
Disability Support Services
- Supportive and friendly environment
- South East Melbourne location
- Attractive salary packaging available
OC Connections provides a range of specialised and innovative support services that enhance the quality of life for adults with an intellectual disability, and their families. One of the major services it provides is a Day Service to 180 adult clients.
The OC Connections program supports people to participate in a wide range of activities based on their own life goals and personal interests.
The program offers activities, that take place either on-site at our Warrigal Road building, or within the community.
OC Connections is currently seeking experienced Support Workers to join our organisation on a casual basis. If you are passionate about adding value to people’s lives and pride yourself on your professionalism we’d love to hear from you!
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Promote the physical and emotional well-being of people with disabilities and front-line Client support
- Teach functional life skills including social, communication, self-care, daily living, recreation, and employment
- Family engagement
- Experience as a Support Worker in a day service environment.
- Qualifications in Certificate III/IV in Disability or equivalent, First Aid – Level 2 Certificate, Medication Administration, Manual Handling & Infection Control desirable.
- Must hold a current Victorian Drivers Licence.
- Professional and teamwork approach, with a sound understanding of person-centred practice, positive behaviour support & planning & the concept of inclusion.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate at differing levels depending on the audience.
- High-level computer and literacy skills coupled with high attention to detail.
If you think you have what we are looking for please submit your application by selecting APPLY FOR THIS JOB and attach a resume and cover letter explaining why you think you are the right person for the job!
If you have previously applied for this position, please do not reapply. We will contact you if you are shortlisted to progress to the next stage.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.