Website OC Connections
- Be part of an organisation that supports people living with a disability to achieve maximum independence as valued members of the community
- Supportive and friendly environment
- Attractive salary packaging available.
OC Connections provides a range of specialised and innovative support services that enhance the quality of life for adults with an intellectual disability, and their families. One of the major services it provides is a Day Service to 180 clients.
The OC Connections program supports people to participate in a wide range of activities based on their own life goals and personal interests.
The program offers activities that take place either on-site at our Warrigal Road building or within the community.
OC Connections is currently seeking an experienced Service Coordinator to join our organisation on a permanent full-time basis. The role will be responsible for developing and coordinating the implementation of curriculums that respond to the identified needs and wishes of clients attending day services and holiday programs and enable them to achieve their desired outcomes.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Liaise with clients and families to determine the needs and wants of clients and the outcomes that clients and their families want to achieve
- Develop day activity programs for day service and holiday programs that will deliver the desired outcomes for clients
- Work with Manager of Independence to determine resources required that will not be met by NDIS funding
- Arrange for the staffing of programs with the Team Leader, Staffing
- Ensure that program data is accurately entered and managed within the CMS
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debrief.
- Comply at all times with industry governance and internal policies.
- Experience as a Service Coordinator in the Disability sector is preferred, but not essential.
- Proven experience in people leadership and supervision of direct reports
- Proven ability in balancing people leadership with business crucial demands
- Substantial experience in the development of curriculums
- Experience with the NDIS transition
- Sound knowledge of the Disability Service Act 2006, Charter of Human Rights, NDIS and other relevant legislative requirements
- Tertiary qualifications in Disability or equivalent is preferred
- First Aid – Level 2 Certificate, current Victorian Driver’s License and a current working with children check
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate at differing levels depending on the audience
- Professional and teamwork approach, with a sound understanding of person-centred practice, positive behaviour support & planning & the concept of inclusion
- High-level computer and literacy skills coupled with high attention to detail.
If you think you have what we are looking for please select Apply for this job to submit your application. Please include a resume and cover letter explaining why you think you are the right person for the job!
We will contact you if you are shortlisted to progress to the next stage.
In accordance with Privacy Legislation, OC Connections will use the personal information provided by applicants solely for the purpose of making appointments to positions within OC Connections. OC Connections will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information it collects and uses. It will not disclose such information to any outside organisation. OC Connections will destroy the personal information when it is no longer needed for selection purposes except where the applicant accepts a position within OC Connections. By submitting personal information to OC Connections, applicants are deemed to have given their consent to the collection, use and storage of their personal information for the purpose stated above.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.