Website OC Connections
- Companionship, Social Support and Garden Maintenance
- Suitable for Skilled Volunteers
- Regular commitment for more than 6 months
- Weekly – any afternoon during day light savings or winter weekends.
- Patience, kindness and a desire to help others.
- A National police check (may be arranged via the organisation)
- A disability workers exclusion scheme check
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module completed (organised and paid by OC Connections)
OC Connections is one of Victoria’s most trusted disability support services that has proudly provided rewarding opportunities to enable people to live happy and valued lives since the 1950s.
Our Community Living resident, Richard has a passion for gardening and maintains the vegetable and surrounding garden in his supported living house. He would benefit from an experienced gardener to assist him in maintaining the garden.
You will garden alongside Richard and advise him as to what to plant, prune, weed and compost whilst looking after the garden, sharing your knowledge and developing a supportive relationship.
We are looking for someone with the skills, knowledge and passion for gardening as well as a patience and desire to teach and share your gardening knowledge.
You will work closely with Richard, the house leader, disability support staff and have contact with other participants living in the home.
To apply for this job please visit www.volunteer.com.au.