Website OC Connections
Disability Support Services
- Flexible working hours within a diverse and rewarding working environment – available rosters varying between 2-12 hour shifts
- Fixed term role initially with a view to moving to the possibility of an ongoing position.
OC Connections provides a range of specialised and innovative support services that enhance the quality of life for adults with an intellectual disability and their families. One of the major services it provides is accommodation across 13 community-based sites.
OC Connections has recently opened new community houses specifically designed for the needs and wants of its clients, and as government reforms are introduced in NDIS, OC Connections will grow from strength to strength.
Whether you are an experienced and professional Disability Support Worker or perhaps new qualified and looking to build on your experience, are passionate about adding value to people’s lives and pride yourself on your superior people skills we’d love to hear from you!
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Frontline Client support across all life areas in a group home environment (daily, medication, personal, transportation and home duty support)
- Implementation and review of Client Lifestyle Goals
- Client health management
- Family engagement.
- Experience as a Disability Support Worker in a group home environment
- Qualifications in Certificate IV in Disability or equivalent, First Aid – Level 2 Certificate, Medication Administration, Manual Handling & Infection Control
- Must hold a current Victorian Drivers Licence
- Willing to work shift work, morning, weekends, evenings and active night shifts
- Professional and teamwork approach, with a sound understanding of person-centred practice, positive behaviour support & planning & the concept of inclusion
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate at differing levels depending on the people
- High-level computer and literacy skills coupled with high attention to detail.
If you think you have what we are looking for please submit your application by selecting APPLY FOR THIS JOB and attach a resume and cover letter explaining why you think you are the right person for the job!
If you have previously applied for this position, please do not reapply. We will contact you if you are shortlisted to progress to the next stage.
In accordance with Privacy Legislation, OC Connections will use the personal information provided by applicants solely for the purpose of making appointments to positions within OC Connections. OC Connections will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information it collects and uses. It will not disclose such information to any outside organisation. OC Connections will destroy the personal information when it is no longer needed for selection purposes except where the applicant accepts a position within OC Connections. By submitting personal information to OC Connections, applicants are deemed to have given their consent to the collection, use and storage of their personal information for the purpose stated above.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.