Website OC Connections
Disability Support Services
- Work-life balance
- Great team environment
- Opportunity and development.
OC Connections provides a range of specialised and innovative support services that enhance the quality of life for adults with an intellectual disability, and their families. One of the major services it provides is a Day Service to 180 adult clients.
The OC Connections program supports people to participate in a wide range of activities based on their own life goals and personal interests.
The program offers activities, that take place either on-site at our Warrigal Road building, or within the community.
OC Connections is currently seeking experienced Disability Educator to join our organisation on a permanent basis. If you are passionate about adding value to people’s lives and pride yourself on your professionalism we’d love to hear from you!
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist to develop and implement positive behaviour support programs
Help develop life skills including social, communication, self-care, daily living, recreation, and employment
- Assist people with a disability to set and attain individual goals
Working and liaising with families, service providers and community members to enhance the choice, social inclusion and quality of life for people with disability
- Act as a key worker for up to 6 participants including the updating of all required documentation
- Provide personal care and physical assistance as required and ensure each person’s comfort and dignity is respected at all times.
- Experience as an Educator in the Disability sector preferable, but not essential
- Qualifications in Certificate III/ IV in Disability or equivalent preferred, First Aid – Level 2
- Certificate, Medication Administration, Manual Handling & Infection Control
- Must hold a current Victorian Driver’s License
- Professional and teamwork approach, with a sound understanding of person-centred practice, positive behaviour support & planning & the concept of inclusion
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate at differing levels depending on the audience
- Possess a practical approach and work holistically across the client lifespan to address issues which may affect the function, independence and social inclusion of individuals living with a disability, their families and carers
- High-level computer and literacy skills coupled with high attention to detail.
If you think you have what we are looking for please select Apply for this job to submit your application. Please include a resume and cover letter explaining why you think you are the right person for the job!
If you have previously applied for this position, please do not reapply. We will contact you if you are shortlisted to progress to the next stage.
In accordance with Privacy Legislation, OC Connections will use the personal information provided by applicants solely for the purpose of making appointments to positions within OC Connections. OC Connections will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information it collects and uses. It will not disclose such information to any outside organisation. OC Connections will destroy the personal information when it is no longer needed for selection purposes except where the applicant accepts a position within OC Connections. By submitting personal information to OC Connections, applicants are deemed to have given their consent to the collection, use and storage of their personal information for the purpose stated above.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.