Government announces an additional 7 days of lockdown from 11:59pm Thursday 3 June
2 June 2021
The Victorian Government has advised that the current lockdown directives will be extended for an additional seven days in Melbourne, with some small changes.
This means that for Melbourne, there will still be only five reasons to leave home:
- shopping for food and supplies
- authorised work and study
- care and caregiving
- getting vaccinated.
People will be able to travel further for exercise and shopping, with an expanded 10km radius.
Kids in Year 11 and 12 will return to face-to-face learning. That includes students in other year levels who are doing a Unit 3/4 VCE or VCAL subject, while that class is being taught.
Other restrictions – including mask wearing – will stay the same.
Read the Victorian Government’s Press Conference.
View the Table of Restrictions to be put in place at 11:59pm on Thursday 3 June.
OC Connections will continue to operate under a modified service:
- Supporting day support participants and families at 773 Warrigal Road that cannot be supported at home or who are a family member of an essential worker
- Providing additional supports to residents in our community homes to participate in activities during the day
- OCC Enterprises will be open at a reduced capacity to fulfil urgent customers orders.
We wish to thank our community for your cooperation in following all guidelines to assist us in ensuring that our community remains safe.
The continual changes that this presents to all of our work and personal lives can be challenging during this time and we encourage our community to take time to focus on their own wellbeing. A variety of wellbeing resources are available that you can find on our COVID Update page.
If you have any queries or concerns, you can contact us on (03) 9569 0603.
Chief Executive Officer