For OC Connections, donations such as those made by the Bain family go a long way towards helping our organisation grow.
They help us to purchase specialist equipment, improve transport options, and upgrade accommodation for
our participants. Your donation, no matter the size, will make a difference.
As a guide, the most common types of bequests include:
- Residuary – This gift consists of the remainder of your estate once your family and friends have been provided for and any taxes and charges are settled.
- Percentage/fractional – This is a gift in the form of a specified percentage of your estate.
- Specific/pecuniary – This is a gift in the form of a specified amount of money, item of property or
- stocks and shares.
Regardless of the method you choose, OC Connections is very grateful for any support you can provide.
If you’d like to chat with us about your bequest, please call (03) 9569 0603 or email us here
The best way to arrange to leave a gift to OC Connections is to speak with a solicitor. They can ensure your estate is distributed in a way that meets your wishes. How you choose to leave a bequest depends on your personal preference or circumstances.
Norma and Don Bain were long-term supporters of OC Connections, with a history of generous practical
and financial contributions that spans over 50 years. Their involvement started in 1954 when their late son,
Bruce, was just five years old.
Bruce needed 24-hour care, and after experiencing firsthand the importance of being able to access quality
care and support for their son, Norma and Don decided that they wanted to help other families in similar
“When you have a family member with a physical or intellectual disability, it’s natural to want to help. While
we have always been generous in sharing our time and knowledge, we also wanted to make a lasting
financial contribution; something that would go beyond Bruce’s life and help the next generation”
- The best way to arrange to leave a gift to OC Connections is to speak with a solicitor.
- They can ensure your estate is distributed in a way that meets your wishes.
- How you choose to leave a bequest depends on your personal preference or circumstances.
Suggested wording for consideration by your legal advisor:
If you are considering making a bequest to OC Connections, we suggest the following wording for consideration by your legal advisor.
“I bequeath (a percentage of your estate) or (a specified sum) free of all duties, for the general purposes of OC Connections Ltd (ABN 91 480 733 899) 773 Warrigal Road, Oakleigh, 3166. I declare that the receipt of an authorised officer of OC Connections Ltd