Get into the Christmas Spirit by giving back through volunteering at our Christmas Tree Festival!
Have fun while supporting our participants at our Christmas Tree Festival. We need volunteers to help unload, pack, sell and look after our trees.
Work alongside staff and other volunteers to help raise much needed funds to help support our participants lead meaningful lives.
Location: OC Connections – 773 Warrigal Rd Oakleigh (opposite Chadstone SC entrance)
Dates: Nov 30 to Dec 22 2019
Times: Monday to Friday: 1pm – 6pm and Saturday & Sunday: 8am – 6pm
• Greeting customers
• Helping customers select trees and stands (if necessary)
• Baling (using a machine to wrap trees in netting)
• Carrying trees
• Odd jobs during quiet times such as sweeping and watering trees.
Volunteers may also be required to help bring in trees after deliveries – two people are needed to carry heavy trees.
We are always looking for volunteers to join our committed team.
Please enter your preferred shift (or several)
For more information
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator by email or call (03) 9564 0603
All volunteers are required to complete a Police check, Disability Workers Employment Scheme check and the NDIS Worker Orientation Module, all paid and organised by OCC.
- Share skills and experience
- Develop new skills
- Meet new people
- Have fun
- Support your community
- Try something different
- Stay involved and active
"I volunteer because I want to. I get a great deal of satisfaction from meeting new people and working to support others in any way I can. I don't think people should retire - just change the direction of their lives. Volunteering did this for me." David Hawkes – volunteer
"It has expanded my horizons and given me a sense of achievement and satisfaction." Noel Ebery - volunteer
Recognising our volunteers
Celebrating and recognising the value of volunteers is essential to OC Connections. The valued people who give so generously of their time and talents are vital to the difference we can make to the lives of so many who participate in our services and programs.
To support our volunteers, we will:
- Ensure you understand your role and obligations through an orientation process and role description
- Acknowledge and celebrate your contribution
- Ask and accept your feedback on our programs
- Offer you the opportunity for personal and professional development
- Provide support throughout your journey