The Department of Social Services has released the first issue of the BSWAT Payment Scheme newsletter. It has important information for people about the BSWAT Payment Scheme. The newsletter is designed to keep people informed about the scheme, and provide content and resources that can be shared.
The first issue includes:
- What is the scheme and who is it for?
- Federal Court approves the BSWAT class action settlement
- Easy Read webpage is now available
- Watch and share our first video
- We recently wrote to people who could be eligible
- We will be calling supported employees
- What’s on our website?
For more information visit the website
What’s else is on the website?
On the BSWAT Payment Scheme website, you will find:
• Information about the scheme, including the payment process and eligibility
• Online registration form (instant registration)
• Payment application form
• Easy Read webpage
• Easy Read Handbook
• Resources for supporters: families, nominees, advocates, ADEs, GPs, financial counsellors and legal advisors
• Shareable resources like videos, Facebook posts and content.
We will soon have new and refreshed information and materials, and we’ll let you know about them via this newsletter.
How to apply for BSWAT payment scheme
People can register and apply for a payment at the same time by completing the application form. The form must be received by the Department by 30 April 2017.
People can choose one of four ways to apply:
1. Apply online using the smart form (by 30 April 2017).
2. Download and email the form (by 30 April 2017) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Download and post the form, ensuring it reaches the Department in time to:
Department of Social Services
BSWAT Payment Scheme
GPO Box 9820
HOBART TAS 7001
4. Call the hotline on 1800 799 515 to complete the form over the phone. The Department will send the completed form back to the employee to review, sign and send back.
For more information about completing the application form, visit the BSWAT Payment Scheme Resources webpage.
If a person is not ready to apply, they can register for the scheme by 30 April 2017. They then have until 30 November 2017 to apply for a payment. It’s quick and easy to register for the scheme using this online form. Or, people can call 1800 799 515 or send an email.