Caring for yourself is just as important as caring for others. That is why the Pathways for Carers project offers carers of people with a disability or mental illness an opportunity to share walks together and to learn more about news, services and supports available to carers.
This is an opportunity for carers to mingle with other carers as well as representatives from local organisations and enjoy some fresh air and free coffee together.
The walks is held on the second Friday of every month and starts at Madeleine’s at Jell’s Park (enter via Waverley road, Wheelers Hill), at 9:30am.
- The walk is a relaxed 3kms, approx. 45 minutes and suitable for all fitness levels and wheel chair accessible
- The event is free
- No need to register or RSVP
- If you cannot join the walk you are welcome to join the group at Madeleine’s Cafe at 10:30am
- Not limited to residents of the area
- Carers are encouraged to take this time for themselves rather than bringing along the person they care for. Enquire about respite care at 1800 052222
- Preschool aged children allowed in strollers
- No dogs allowed (except assistance and guide dogs)
- The meeting will take place in extreme weather as well, however the walk may be assessed on the day
- Other locations for walks can be found at www.facebook.com/pathwaysforcarers
To find the dates please browse our events calendar.